Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Alive & Well (With a Site Assignment)!

Hello All!

I've been in Madolenihmw, Pohnpei, FSM for just over a week, and things are going great! Just this morning, in fact, I found out that I will be here (in Madolenihmw) for the rest of my service! Hooray! That means that P.O. Box 9 will be my permanent address, so get on with writing those letters! They seem to be arriving from the states in about 5 days, but they're much slower going the other way. Also, my access to the internet will be spotty for the next few months, and then probably only once every other week, so letters are definitely the way to go.

In terms of how it's been so far, I've got to say that everything about this place is perfect in a way that unfolds over time--the island itself is beautiful (I can't wait to explore it more), the people are becoming better and better friends (both locals and PC), and my training is adding to my skills daily.

Some highlights of the experience so far:
- Daily morning workouts in the training room before school starts with friends (yoga and boot camp exercises are the favorites)
- Visiting a local waterfall & Nan Madol (cool military ruins) with PC Trainees and my host nieces/nephews this past weekend
- Dance parties to Chris Brown's "Forever" in my host family's living room with my nieces and their friends
- My host mother (nono) ... she's the best
and last but not least
- The view from our front porch every morning & evening

Hope everything is going well with you all. Send me letters and tell me about it!

Lots of love,
Mollie

2 comments:

  1. Ya! I finally got to see your blog. Thanks for letting me know what you are doing. Had lunch with your mom and dad and Lynn after church (John has the flu)at Pollo Loco. We sat there and talked for several hours solving all the world's problems. :) So glad you are getting settled in and enjoying your experience so far! We will be praying for you to be a light over there. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear there's some clarity to your role now. A Blessing for you to have such a great "host family"...that's such an answer to prayer and a God-thing going on. Can only imagine the view your talkin' about from the front porch! Hope you get click-happy with the camera for us to enjoy too! You're on our minds and in our hearts always! The Lord hears our prayers, even when we can't speak them. With Love.

    ReplyDelete