Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A laugh before you go

Mom: Do you think you're going to put on any plays as part of your community development?
Me: Sure, yeah, maybe. Probably I'd want to kill many birds with one stone by making it a play in English that deals with hard-hitting issues like safe-sex, nutrition, recycling...
EJ: So, Cats, right?
Dad: I was going to say Hair...

This exchange happened at dinner tonight-- our last together as a family before tomorrow's staging in LA. The last couple of weeks have been full in a lot of ways. Two weeks ago I was visiting friends and roommates in New York and DC. This past week I've been frantically packing and connecting with Tustin friends and family. All told there has been mostly stress, joy & address-collecting. So it was nice to have one more family giggle-fest in the backyard before things change.

Ps: I'm bringing two kinds of Kathy Wright's famous/delicious homemade cookies to staging tomorrow, hoping their effectiveness as icebreakers haven't worn off since freshman year of college. Some things never change.

2 comments:

  1. So far we have a day by day update from Kath and Gar! I am still thinking how to make it out there! It will be quiet here soon when Kyle leaves! I have to visit him this year and see his apt - last year I NEVER saw his apt!!!! I am a terrible mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mollie!! I imagine you are safely in Micronesia now. I hope you are having the time of your life!! Letter in the mail this week. miss you!! Love from Bezerkeley! xoxo

    ReplyDelete